Family and Educator Partnership (FEP)
The Parent & Educator Connection (PEC) has a new name: Family and Educator Partnership (FEP)
This is part of a statewide network of parents and educators working together to support educators and parents of children and young adults with special needs.
One of the primary ways that the Parent & Educator Connection/ Family & Educator Partnership serves parents and educators is by supporting good home-school communication.
This includes providing support to families so that they can more effectively participate in the IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan) or IEP (Individual Education Program) process. This may include:
- Explaining the IFSP/IEP process
- Reviewing procedural safeguards/ parent rights
- Helping parents organize their thoughts in preparation for a meeting
- Attending IFSP/IEP or other school meetings after
- Being asked by the local school, parents or AEA staff
Click FEP Brochure for an easy reference guide to learn more about how they can help you!
Prairie Lakes AEA’s Parent Coordinators contact information is:
To contact a FEP coordinator, click here: CONTACT YOUR (PEC) FEP TEAM
The two Parent Coordinators are assigned to specific districts/areas of our AEA, which can be found on the following Map of PLAEA FEP Coordinators
Prairie Lakes AEA Educator Coordinator’s contact information is:
- Deb Shelton – firstname.lastname@example.org 515-574-5500, Ext. 2149
PEC Newsletters are available here.
The Iowa Department of Ed (PEC) FEP link is available here.